Monday, April 9, 2007

Everything starts here...

I've decided to take the plunge... a blog to share my creations and hopefully in time my work will be as beautiful as others that I've silently stalked their blogs in awe of.

It's kind of a funny story, or rather my version of it is funnier. You see, back in October I received a message on MySpace from a local girl about my age. I checked out her page and decided that she didn't seem too crazy. In fact, in the message she sent me she stated that my profile was pretty much me describing her almost to a "T". I thought to myself, if she thinks she is anything remotely like me...she must be a pretty cool person :) We chatted on IM back and forth and indeed, she was very cool. We got together and even clicked in person. For me, that is an accomplishment of sorts. I have never been able to find that "one" person who completely understands me and my quirks. For the most part though, "K" did. I felt like this was a relationship worth investing more time and energy in. I set out with an open mind and she set out with an agenda as well. She threw me the bait and gradually reeled me in. What is it that she was after to begin with? Clearly my friendship, but perhaps it was something more, the "something more" just wasn't clearly defined at that moment in time. As I reflect on the adventure that I had no prior knowledge of I can now say that she needed someone to feed her addiction a little more. Someone to "Stamp" with. Except, I wasn't into stamping....YET!

I missed the first "Stamp Camp" as my daughter was sick. I'm sure she still thinks I stood her up ...but that definitely wasn't my intention. The next stamp camp rolled around and I told her I wouldn't miss it for the life of me. She taunted me a few times saying I'd probably not show up or give her some poor excuse why I couldn't make this one too. I cleared my calendar for this one. The day comes and I sort of felt like I was making the wrong decision. Like the new kid in the neighborhood. Will everyone laugh at me if I screw up? What if they turn out to be disastrous?? Would she still want to keep me around? Sure there's always got to be that one person who you know puts forth all their effort, but still lacks the creative bone?? I've always loved the cards she's shown me. She's got some great talent. After the stamp camp was over I reflected how I felt. I absolutely enjoyed it. I got out of the house, I got to hang out with other people who enjoyed the same thing and it was relaxing, although for me, it was somewhat very nerve-racking since I didn't have a damn clue what I was doing!!!

From that point on she's slowly persuaded me to dig a little deeper. I found that I really enjoy it and I'm starting to build my stock of stamps up. Next, I need to invest in more supplies. The inks, ribbons etc. I now join the ranks of the very beginners of card making or paper creations, whichever your pleasure.

So... this is where the whole MySpace connection gets sticky. I tease her from time to time that she stalked me out to turn me into an addict like herself. She tells me that that wasn't her intentions at all (while having a *big* smiling grin) Whatever the case may be... I've gained a dear friend, who's an awesome Stampin' Up Demonstrator if I do say so myslef!



Thanks "K"... it is now your fault my young child's college savings will suffer :)

0 comments: