Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Maybe I'm crazy!

I don't know what I was thinking... my friend Sherry and I have decided to participate in a craft show in November. I love working with paper...designing, creating, etc so I don't know why I'm so nervous. I'd like to think that the quality of my cards has vastly improved from when I first started a little over a year and a half ago. Each person has a different learning curve as well as style. I myself, love the "WOW" factor. I'm more interested in the quality than anything. I don't like too much stuff cluttering my cards and if it's not perfect..I keep fiddling with it until it is.

But, I'm nervous as can be that I'll get to this craft show and my stuff won't sell. I'd hate to have to haul it all back home. Not to mention the blow to my ego. I've been in one other craft show but that was selling jewelery (bracelets) that I used to make. I did pretty well but this is a different market. Pricing seems to be the key ingredient. I myself, would rather go to a craft show and pay for nice quality items such as a homemade card rather than purchasing a card at a store. Some people aren't like me though. I'm different from the next person who is different from the person after that.

So tell me... if you have any good ideas for what you would buy or expect to see at a booth with hand crafted items altered with paper etc. I made some gift bags that can double as note totes - meaning I can make 4-5 cards that match the bag and they fit inside. The cards would portray the designer paper on the outside - ie: Christmas designer paper would have Christmas related cards. This is one of the bags I've made but still need to finish.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh My Dear Sweet Krista!!! I may have to come over there and knock you in the head!!! :) you are one of the most talented and creative ladies I know. not only is your stuff beautiful .. it is made with care and great quality. you have NOTHING to be worried about!
This bag was my favorite! I think all of your hard work will pay off!